Friday, March 13, 2009

I Love This Game....


Written by Tom DeRiggi

I have been waiting all year/season to get something juicy enough to get me going on college basketball. Now don't let it go unnoticed that I am indeed a HUGE college basketball fan. And I have been waiting all season for something.....just anything to get me going. And tonight it happened at Madison Square Garden. In fact, I started writing this blog at the start of the 4thOT....yes you saw that correctly....and NOW were going into...the 5TH OT!!!!

The setting:

Big East Tournament, Quarterfinal Round

4 UCONN vs 20 Syracuse

When you turned this game on at 9 o clock you thought....OK probably going to be a good game, maybe a classic Big East Battle. But what we got tonight was the most ridiculous game the Big East has ever seen. Now I'm going to be honest, I didn't turn it on until the first OT because I was seriously HOUSING kids in Halo Wars, but of course I was instantly glued.

.........

.........

Sorry I was watching a moment in this game. It's almost too ridiculous to watch. I Digress

Anyway, I honestly can't remember a game like this in my college basketball history. And I've seen plenty of dandies. No one has any gas left, players are fouling out, coaches running out of ideas and strategies, Refs just wanna go home, Jay Bilas is going to rip his eyes out because he has to shamefully admit that the Big East is WAYYYY better then the ACC....Bill Raftery may have already had a heart attack, and probably screamed.."With a little KISSSSSS off the glass," about 40 times tonight. I've gone through 2 Arizona Ice Tea cans, and 4 Poland Spring Water bottles....I'm out of gas and resources.....someone might have to get a crash cart here if this thing goes to 6. It is the perfect game to get anyone in the mood for college basketball, and If you happened to be watching this game then your witnessing one of the greatest games in the history of college basketball...

WAIT....17 seconds left in the 5th OT

.......

OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

CAN YOU GUESS IT?

6 OVERTIMESSSSSSSSSSS

Seriously Can Anyone win this game?....I really think my heart rate is at like a Buck-fitty right now. My iPhone has gotten about 4,067 text messages in the past hour. I've woken my dad up at 1 AM ET because I just can't be the only one up right now...

OMGG 3-pointer and then a 3 point play from 'Cuse...this thing could be over, but I also said that 4 OT's ago....I can't wait for Scott Van pelt and Stu Scott to do the highlights for this game...it's going to be hysterical....I'm always digressing...

(Quick actual analysis about this game: Whole game changed when Hasheem Thabeet went out for Uconn. I think UCONN has this game won already with him in the lane in the last two overtimes. Syracuse is driving to the lane at will, and Adrian looks exhausted from UCONN. Also UCONN is just settling for jump shots...they need to take the ball to the rim but everyone is absolutely worked...)

Game looks out of reach now for UCONN....UCONN down 10 now with 1 minute left. Can't even be mad at the Huskies but they just didn't have enough gas in the tank, they virtually played two games back to back....Syracuse just out willed UCONN...

..And just as I say that UCONN cuts it down to 6....figures I open my mouth to early.
Game over, Syracuse wins.....WHAT A GAME...I hope everyone got to watch this...

GOODNIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take the time to comment on this work of art!!!