Friday, January 16, 2009

Shakin off the ChitChat Rust...

Digg This Article

As you already know, I haven't been on chit chat sports recently. (Neither has my partner Showtime, yes ....that's an official call out of you Show....) That embarrassing loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in week 17 has left me out of commission for 3 weeks. But Hey! when something knocks you down your supposed to get back up right?..maybe?...ok...But anyway...I was sitting thinking about what I should write about....obvious answer NFL Playoffs and how screwy they really are. I could chat about the NBA and how Lebron has entered the "I'm officially unstoppable now and I'm not going to let my team lose games exactly like MJ" mode. Could go the Steph Curry rout and tell you about how hes the best college basketball player of the past 10 years, no big deal. Or how about Tim Tebow, and the fact that he might actually not be human...Hes like that perfect girl at school that you could never get in a million years, and every time she does something you just stare and watch her in awe and amazement.....No Homo....I'll leave Tebow for Showtime because hes very intimate about him. (unfortunately I can't call No homo on that because Show might ACTUALLY be in love with Tebow. I Digress)

So I'll tackle the first three.

I wasn't really into the NBA season yet this year, and its pretty normal for me to wait until after football to fully embrace the National Basketball Association. However, I watched the Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavaliers the other night, and now I can officially say....I'm hooked. If any of you had the opportunity to watch maybe one of the best REGULAR SEASON performances by LBJ in his young career so far. People have been calling for this guy to finally just grab the game by the horns and say," Look I don't care if you throw 7 guys on the floor, I'm getting to the rim and I'm dominating you"...Much like my Idol MJ used to do. It is really incredible to see him and his intensity this year, it is completely different. I feel that playing on Team USA and learning from a COLLEGE coach about having to achieve greatness through your team and not just yourself, that he has completely changed his game. Oh by the way, there is no way they lose in the Finals this year...call this an early prediction...Cavs in the East!

On to Lebron's BFF... Steph Curry of Davidson. When Bobby Knight calls you the best PASSER he has ever seen in college basketball, and YOUR forte is SHOOTING, then you have to be a hell of a player. Steph Curry's evolution into a point guard and a more complete player is going wayyyyyyy under the radar. (I cant believe ESPN hasn't talked about this more considering they talk about EVERYTHING...even some things that they make up..See: Owens, Terrell...or Werder, Ed) But seriously, Bobby Knight isn't lieing when he tells you that hes such a more complete passer then he was last year. His ability to still score 30 a game and orchestrate this team is really incredible and that's why hes the best college basketball player of this decade in my opinion. If I'm Mike D'Antoni of the Knicks I am losing the rest of my games purposely, that way they draft Steph Curry to be their next great PG...and in 2010 sign Lebron James and Amare Stoudemire...then roll out a starting 5 of: Steph Curry, Wilson Chandler, Lebron James, David Lee, Amare Stoudemire...with Al Harrington, Nate Robinson, and Q-Rich off the bench....How does that team not average 120 ppg under D'Antoni....wait...How am I not a GM?

And finally, ladies and gentlemen...your 2008 NFL Season...I called it way back in November and said that this is the craziest season I have ever witnessed. Its so crazy that

....hold on...

........brace yourselves....

...you ready?.....

ok...

The ARIZONA CARDINALS are in the NFC Championship game....

AND

A rookie Division 1AA quarterback is starting in the AFC Championship game....like are you serious?...It just goes to show you that AL Pacino was right in any given Sunday....Anyone can win a game in the NFL...you just have to have tremendous discipline and a little bit of luck...(See: Flacco, Joe) I can't even explain the Carolina Panthers to you...because that's just as surprising to me as Wade Phillips still being the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys...Sorry Jerry...The Giants I saw coming, Philly is just hungrier then them and Eli Manning is truly an average quarterback, anyone who tells me "Oh But hes a SuperBowl MVP" I don't care...hes the MVP because a practice squad receiver made the luckiest catch anyone has ever seen?...There is no one in the world who could convince me that Eli Manning is better then Tony Romo...(Maybe Tim Tebow, I heard he has that affect on people)...Aikman I love you to death but if you truly believe Eli is better then Jessica's other half, then you truly have had one too many concussions....

P.S. Shout out to the Pilot of US Airways for making a ridiculous landing on the Hudson River saving 150 lives...mad ill dude right there..ya digggg???

Written By TDERIGG2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take the time to comment on this work of art!!!